Adding a prior or previous year to an already built Hyperion Planning application is a fairly common requirement. The 'supported path' to add prior years is to build a new application that starts with the desired financial year and then to use LCM to move all artefacts from the old application to the new application. Following this path might take a long time so below is a quick fix.
Add FY03 to a planning application that starts from FY04 and goes to FY05.
1. Do a backup of the planning backend database
2. Add FY06 in the planning front end.
3. Stop the planning service.
4. Make changes to the planning repository
a. Update the calendar so it starts from 2003
UPDATE HSP_CALENDAR SET FIRST_YEAR = '2003'
b. Rename all year member FY(XX) to FY(XX-1)
UPDATE HSP_OBJECT SET OBJECT_NAME = 'FY03' WHERE OBJECT_NAME = 'FY04';
UPDATE HSP_OBJECT SET OBJECT_NAME = 'FY04' WHERE OBJECT_NAME = 'FY05';
UPDATE HSP_OBJECT SET OBJECT_NAME = 'FY05' WHERE OBJECT_NAME = 'FY06';
c. Update the unique values to avoid error "An object with the name already exists" when adding a new year
UPDATE HSP_UNIQUE_NAMES SET OBJECT_NAME = 'FY03' WHERE OBJECT_NAME = 'FY04';
UPDATE HSP_UNIQUE_NAMES SET OBJECT_NAME = 'FY04' WHERE OBJECT_NAME = 'FY05';
UPDATE HSP_UNIQUE_NAMES SET OBJECT_NAME = 'FY05' WHERE OBJECT_NAME = 'FY06';
5. Start the planning service.
6. Verify that everything shows up as expected and do a database refresh. Maybe add 1 year to the planning app to check that everything is ok.